Children 1st, 4Ward Steps is a Family Support Service designed to improve the quality of life for vulnerable children and families who are affected by significant substance misuse.
Where appropriate the service will also target support at other family members, including, spouses, partners and other children within the household.
The ethos of the service is to promote and nurture resilience and positive parent and child interactions and relationships, underpinned by the principles of attachment theory.
4Ward Steps is funded jointly with CHILDREN 1ST, North Ayrshire Council and North Ayrshire Alcohol Drug Partnership (ADP).
Expectant mums within North Ayrshire who are affected by significant substance misuse, including alcohol.
Referrals will be prioritised through the child protection pre-birth process in line with North Ayrshire Child Protection Protocols and Procedures. Referrals will come directly from Social Work Services.
- We will work with service users to assess and produce an action plan that addresses their holistic needs
- We will support service users to identify and build on their needs and strengths
- We will provide time-limited, flexible, packages of support including mellow parenting programmes.
- We will work with partner agencies in helping parents to prepare for their babies and provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment
- We will help service users to engage with support services and their wider community
- We will work with other service providers to achieve a joined up approach for children and service users, particularly building strong links with adult and children’s services.
10 Glasgow Vennel
Irvine KA12 0BD